How to play
Play Sudoku and more
Sudoku Xtra - my monthly magazine, including Futoshiki
Buy my book
dofutoshiki.com features a unique interactive play window with a wide range of capabilities including:
If you wish to license the player module for use on your website or other outlet then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Works in any modern browser without requiring any plugins (including Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari)
- Unique digit and grid resizing code - try it and see!
- Unlimited full undo and redo - makes solving much less stressful, and means finger trouble doesn't ruin the game!
- Fast entry by pushing number keys to enter big/small numbers; press again to toggle
- Push 0, backspace or delete to clear a grid entry
- Hit SPACE to toggle solution/pencil marks, or click on the relevant option
- Double-clicking on a solo pencilmark number will place it as a solution digit (this is particularly handy with the auto-remove feature)
- Background saving via AJAX/XML/PHP/MySQL backend with live feedback
- Intelligent placing of valid digits based on initial grid clues
- Auto-add pencilmarks
- Auto-prune small numbers
- Check your solution (and point out empty cells too)
- Show invalid moves
- Show incorrect moves (also glows numbers in IE)
- Generated from PHP using MySQL database backend
- Arrow keys and TAB/SHIFT-TAB to move around
- Or click to move around
- Click on the entry cursor to remove it if you wish for aesthetic purposes
- Reveal solution - and also highlights the entries you had wrong
(try it - it uses small green numbers)
- 'Please wait' message for clean screen whilst loading
- Can cope with any grid dimensions
- Adaptable to different puzzles - see for example dokakuro.com
- And more!